Fall Semester has been insane in the membrane. Looking back, it was funny that I expected to have more time on my hands when I posted my last blog, "Back at it." The good news is, my blog won't be taken down any time soon and I will always love working on it when I get time. Many things have happened in the last few months and I would love to fill everyone in on what I have been up to!
This last semester, I.....
- Joined the newest sorority on campus!
It has been nothing short of incredible. The women that I have gotten to invest in already have shown so much genuine kindness! I have already learned so much more about the Greek community and was even able to hear from an amazing speaker! Read about Kristen Hadeed HERE.
I also received an officer position and am looking forward to expand God's Kingdom and be a light in this way.
- Attended Main Event 2016 in Ames and was encouraged in my walk with Christ!
I have also been challenged by a few friends to really think about what my walk is really like which has been extremely helpful.
- Pitched a marketing campaign to a business client for a final and it went really well! Our group was chosen out of three by the owner as the "winner" and our professor gave us Wonder Wallets as our prize. While we were confused, we also were just happy we were finished with it and got an acceptable grade.
- Learned Adobe InDesign and the basics of Photoshop and published a magazine (for a grade, but I did it nonetheless)! See the finished product embedded below!
- Started working for catering! It has been fun learning about the business, interacting with customers and making new work friends (and eating some really good food on break)!
I guess you could say that I survived finals all while almost losing my head! This semester I have misplaced my wireless mouse/laptop powercord about five times; each time more embarrassing than the last. I am hoping next semester will be a little less hectic!
Regardless, I am looking forward to the next few weeks having Christmas Break and some time to relax and recharge!