If you know anything about me, this fact would not surprise you. I love tv. It is actually sometimes depressing to know that binge watching Netflix seems to be my best friend at times. “Mental note:” I need a new hobby…exercise. Ok. Back on track. More specifically, my favorite thing about TV shows is that I can get emotionally attached to the characters and follow their character development. The best part is that when I get really attached, I know that there is a good chance that there are more people that like the show like I do! I can relate to others better than before and have joined a sort of “fan-based community” if you will.
Below, are some of the shows I have followed, cried and laughed over through the years, via Netflix as well as live TV and Hulu Plus.
1. My Life As a Teenage Robot: My dad and I used to watch this show a lot when I was growing up and we had cable. (Hulu Plus)
2. Unfabulous: Another one of those teen angsty shows we watched during middle school days...this is also on Hulu Plus.
3. Last Man On Earth: Unfortunately, not very many people have watched this show or even have heard of it. The plot is pretty self explanatory, but if this seems interesting to you, please watch it. VERY entertaining. (Hulu Plus)
4. Hart of Dixie: Good show if you want a plot to follow. A few seasons long so it means its pretty good. I started it last December when my mom watched it and recommended it. Good "Chick Flick" show.
5. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: VERY funny. Ellie Kemper stars as Kimmy where she is rescued from a bunker underground in Indiana where she was held since she was 15 in captivity by a demented preacher man. She moves to New York with only an 8th grade education in hopes to make it as an adult. Sadly there's only one season, but honestly, it is so entertaining, it is worth seeing.
6. House of Cards: Only a few episodes in, but I like the political scene so, I think it is pretty good so far. Not much to tell.
7. Friends: Of course it has to make this list. Comical, entertaining and popular, it is sad if you haven't seen at least one episode.
8. Last, but definitely not least, The Office: I can not emphasize how much I love this show. My all time favorite show that I have been watching since 7th grade, which I now am second guessing....woops oh well. Also, if you are thinking to yourself, "I can't believe that she actually likes that show," I would hope that you at least tried to watch the series at the beginning because if you started it in season 5, I would agree that you wouldn't understand what was going on. So- WATCH IT FROM THE BEGINNING. :)
I hope that you enjoyed my little list of TV series that I recommend. I also hope you try to watch one show that you haven't seen before. Maybe you will like it!
But until next time,